We are looking for a user researcher to work closely with our design and development team to define, plan and conduct user research. You will interact with our users to discover and deliver insights to designers, engineers, product managers, and others, creating a more informed and more empathetic product team. You will help us build out the research function by establishing best practices and methods of user research practise.
Mixcloud is an audio streaming platform connecting a global community of listeners and creators through audio culture. Listeners can access a unique collection of over 15 million radio shows, DJ mixes and podcasts produced and uploaded by over 1.3 million passionate tastemakers and curators around the globe.
Our mission is to build a fair and sustainable ecosystem for audio culture. As a critical part of the global music and cultural landscape, we empower DJs, radio hosts, podcasters and tastemakers to build and inspire fan bases.
Mixcloud also helps connect brands to music and culture under our brand partnerships arm, LOUD. We create cutting-edge cultural solutions for brands such as adidas, W Hotels, Sonos, Dr. Martens, Eventbrite, and more.
Whilst we have a great foundation in place, this is the beginning of the next phase of our journey. We are looking for smart and hungry people to join our incredible team and help us realise our vision.
What will you do?
- As our first designated user researcher, you will work alongside the UX and design team to help drive recruitment and facilitation of research sessions.
- Strategise creative ways to conduct surveys and lead studies that will generate actionable insights.
- Create a cadence of internal testing and documentation, summarising findings and sharing with the broader team.
- Lead and conduct recurring and frequent in-house usability tests.
- Collect qualitative and quantitative feedback to inform design in relation to user habits and patterns.
- Make recommendations for improving the design process, advocating best practices for product testing and user research.
Who are you?
- A well-rounded researcher with a good combination of academic and practical experience
- You have a minimum of 4 years of industry experience with strong knowledge of digital platforms and / or marketplaces.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis, strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different methods.
- Experience synthesising results of research into concise and powerful learnings and presenting to wider product team.
- Experience managing projects involving cross-functional teams. Has worked in depth with product manager’s, engineers, and designers across research types.
- Experience recruiting for research and demonstrated ability to build an overall research plan.
- Excellent communication skills. Can clearly describe a high level research approach and give examples of how research played out.
- Thoughtful, practical, focused on the deliverables and communicating with stakeholders.
We are a rapidly expanding music-tech business. We offer a culture of personal development and role growth. You will have the pleasure of working with a lean but growing team that punches above its weight, offering you the opportunity to explore ideas and expand on your role.
Salary and equity offer is competitive and based on experience.
In addition to base salary, Mixcloud offers myriad benefits such as generous stock options, unlimited holiday policy, a flexible working culture, a great office environment and strong opportunities for personal development.