We are looking for a data-focused Commercial Analyst to join our fantastic Brand Partnerships team in London. In this challenging and multi-faceted role you will collate and analyse data from across our Advertising and Brand Partnerships activity. You will present back key metrics, insights and recommendations to inform business decisions and product development, ultimately helping drive revenue growth.
As a key team member of a music streaming platform, you will have the opportunity to work across an incredibly diverse range of data-sets, including programmatic, social, video, audio and mobile. You will to work closely with the Head of Advertising and the wider team to develop strategy through the thoughtful use of data, drive understanding and evolution of KPIs and gain exposure to a diverse range of emerging areas in digital advertising.
Mixcloud is an audio streaming platform connecting a global community of listeners and creators through audio culture. Listeners can access a unique collection of over 15 million radio shows, DJ mixes and podcasts produced and uploaded by over 1.3 million passionate tastemakers and curators around the globe.
Our mission is to build a fair and sustainable ecosystem for audio culture. As a critical part of the global music and cultural landscape, we empower DJs, radio hosts, podcasters and tastemakers to build and inspire fan bases.
Mixcloud also helps connect brands to music and culture under our brand partnerships arm, LOUD. We create cutting-edge cultural solutions for brands such as adidas, W Hotels, Sonos, Dr. Martens, Eventbrite, and more.
Whilst we have a great foundation in place, this is the beginning of the next phase of our journey. We are looking for smart and hungry people to join our incredible team and help us realise our vision.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Reporting & Analysis:
- Collating and managing an increasing scale of advertising and brand partnerships data across a range of platforms and metrics
- Build and maintain reports and dashboards to answer key business questions: KPIs, revenue drivers, opportunities for optimisation
- Automate and streamline pre-existing or new reporting processes using relevant reporting software
- Develop and deliver client campaign reporting
- Efficiently respond to requests for and deliver easy to interpret ad-hoc reporting
- Work with the Financial Controller to address all periodic revenue reporting requirements
- Compose and maintain comprehensive documentation on advertising reporting processes
- Collaborate with the Head of Advertising to evaluate new partners, products and other advertising opportunities in an effort to evolve and improve our product offering
- Help evaluate the balance between advertising revenue and user metrics to ensure sustainable development of the advertising products
- Work with the team to review audience profiling data to identify valuable segmentation and targeting opportunities
- Optimization, reporting and analysis of Mixcloud’s branded media buying, across multiple social platforms, ad servers, and ad buying platforms
- Develop a working knowledge of key advertising platforms to provide broader operational support for the team
WHO ARE YOU?
- 2+ years in a relevant role in ad operations, ad tech, media buying, paid social, preferably at a publisher
- Proficient in the use of key digital advertising platforms (e.g. Google Ad Manager, SSPs, Facebook, etc.) and confident in picking up the ones you’re not already familiar with
- Excel/Google Sheets wizz!
- Further analytics skills would be beneficial (SQL, Google BigQuery, Data Studio, etc.), but willingness to learn would be key
- Ability to manage & analyze large sets of data; a passion for ongoing optimization and learning
- Ability to present analytical projects to a non-analytical audience
- Knowledge of marketing and media industry metrics and systems a plus
- Some exposure to tracking pixels and other measurement tools would be advantageous
- Hungry to identify and pursue opportunities for positive change
- Passion for the digital landscape and a keen interest in evolving media business models
We are a rapidly expanding music-tech business. We offer a culture of personal development and role growth. You will have the pleasure of working with a lean but growing team that punches above its weight, offering you the opportunity to explore ideas and expand on your role.
You will sit within the Brand Partnerships team, reporting to our Head of Advertising. Salary and equity offer is competitive and based on experience.
In addition to base salary, Mixcloud offers myriad benefits such as generous stock options, unlimited holiday policy, a flexible working culture, a great office environment and strong opportunities for personal development.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!