We’re looking for an experienced (Mid-Senior) Graphic Designer to join the Mixcloud team.
In this multi-faceted role, your priority will be to help develop and guard the Mixcloud visual brand as we proceed into an exciting phase of brand evolution and growth. We're looking for a proactive and passionate creative who is highly skilled in graphic design and comes with a well-rounded understanding of art direction and brand communications.
Reporting to our Head of Communications as part of the Community team, you will be instrumental in shaping and executing how we visually communicate with Mixcloud's global audience across our many channels everyday. You will collaborate closely with our Junior Creative Content Producer, Creative Director and Community team to produce world class content. You will deliver high-quality creative and design solutions that elevate our storytelling in unique and compelling ways. You will be encouraged to be highly creative as well as combine strong ideation with skilled execution.
Additionally, you will also collaborate with our Product/UX Design team and with our Brand Partnerships team to inform design needs across the team. You will be able to get involved in work from our growing in-house cultural marketing agency LOUD, working with exciting clients such as Adidas, Doc Martens, W Hotels, Eventbrite and many more.
Mixcloud is an audio streaming platform connecting a global community of listeners and creators through audio culture. Listeners can access a unique collection of over 15 million radio shows, DJ mixes and podcasts produced and uploaded by over 1.3 million passionate tastemakers and curators around the globe.
Our mission is to build a fair and sustainable ecosystem for audio culture. As a critical part of the global music and cultural landscape, we empower DJs, radio hosts, podcasters and tastemakers to build and inspire fan bases.
Mixcloud also helps connect brands to music and culture under our brand partnerships arm, LOUD. We create cutting-edge cultural solutions for brands such as adidas, W Hotels, Sonos, Dr. Martens, Eventbrite and more.
Whilst we have a great foundation in place, this is the beginning of the next phase of our journey. We are looking for smart and hungry people to join our incredible team and help us realise our vision.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Lead Mixcloud's visual language output across our many brand channels and projects
- Collaborate with our Junior Creative Content Producer to design compelling branded assets and content for our platforms and social media channels
- Actively contribute to ideation and development of campaigns and special projects
- Maintain a high standard of design and brand consistency across all visual touchpoints with awareness of design and industry trends
- Manage multiple creative briefs for multiple internal stakeholders and brief owners, delivering both conceptual and executional solutions
- Source and art direct photography and create a pipeline for audiovisual content production
- Independently create and edit high-quality photographic, illustrative, and/or typographic assets
- Show a strong awareness of design processes to question design briefs and solve design problems
- Contribute to design needs across the team, such as designing decks for partnership pitches
- Collaborate with product design team for platform needs
WHO ARE YOU?
- A mid level or senior designer with 5+ years experience
- High quality portfolio that illustrates strong ideation, layout, typographic, creative and visual skills
- Experienced in taking ownership of a brand and having the ability to cultivate a visual language across various outputs
- Industry experience of producing multi-media content for social media and other digital channels and platforms, including editorial design, audiovisual, photography, display advertising and marketing communications
- Demonstrable ability to produce outstanding creative ideas in response to briefs
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to work in collaboration with your team and stakeholders
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to see creative projects through from ideation to brief to execution
- A track record of and passion for crafting powerful branded communications across multiple mediums and channels
- Able to work within quick turnarounds and tight deadlines
- Thrives in a collaborative environment working side by side other creatives and strategists
- Experience with art direction and creative content production is beneficial
- A strong understanding of design thinking and user focused design principles is a bonus
- Understanding of the cultural space we operate in and love of music!
We are a rapidly expanding music-tech business. We offer a culture of personal development and role growth. You will have the pleasure of working with a lean but growing team that punches above its weight, offering you the opportunity to explore ideas and expand on your role.
Salary and equity offer is competitive and based on experience.
In addition to base salary, Mixcloud offers myriad benefits such as generous stock options, unlimited holiday policy, a flexible working culture, a great office environment and strong opportunities for personal development.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!