Acting as a senior member of our small engineering team, the React engineer will help lead development on diverse and interesting projects, improving and evolving all aspects of the codebase. This is an outstanding opportunity to build your skillset across all parts of the tech stack, ship features to an audience of 10’s of Millions of users and learn from intelligent developers using new technology.
We are looking for someone with proven experience delivering a sizeable React application to production. Good knowledge of JS and React is essential, experience with mobile platforms is a considerable plus.
We use Relay to manage the data from our GraphQL API, so experience with that (or something similar like Apollo) is fantastic. We also test heavily and enforce type-safety on the frontend, so let us know if you have experience with Jest and Flow.
At Mixcloud, our purpose is to amplify culture and community. We are a global audio streaming platform with a unique catalogue of over 15 million DJ sets, radio shows and podcasts handcrafted by expert creators. We’re not just building a music streaming platform. We're on a mission to supercharge the relationship between audio creators and their biggest fans; to enable fans to directly support their favourite audio creators, emotionally and financially.
With Mixcloud Select, our pioneering fan-to-creator subscription offering, we’re carving out a better ecosystem for audio culture. We believe in championing creators, artists and the music industry – fairly and sustainably.
With LOUD, our in-house cultural strategy studio, we help global brands embed themselves within culture. We have worked with Adidas, Marriott, Dr. Martens, Eventbrite, Sonos and more on driving creative and strategic solutions.
Exciting times lie ahead as we aim to become the world’s leading fan-to-creator business in audio. If you are interested in making an impact, driving audio culture forward, and helping Creators around the world earn a living from their craft, come join us!
Our Tech Stack
- React/React Native, StyledComponents, Relay, FlowType, Source Control, Continuous IntegrationI/Continuous Deployment, Python (Django), GraphQL (3+ years live, 400+ Million queries a day), Fast dedicated servers / Infrastructure, Kubernetes + Docker, Terraform + Puppet, Nginx, MySQL/MariaDB, GlusterFS, Elasticsearch, Redis / Memcached, RabbitMQ, Github + CI systems.
- We value techniques such as linting, automatic code formatting, unit tests, coverage reporting, snapshot testing, integration tests and type systems.
What will you do?
- Develop, prototype & optimise existing & new features
- Write, review and document code in various languages and frameworks
- Design Front-end solutions as well as continuously improve our offering
- Propose UX improvements
- Collaborate with the design and content teams to implement and develop designs through to functional web apps
- Take part in regular creative brainstorming sessions to improve the product quality.
- Engage in healthy dialogue around product briefs and provide feedback
- Proficient oral and written communication skills. Collaborates well in a team environment.
- Familiarity with the following technologies: React, Source Control, Continuous Integration
- Experience with API architecture and design
- Sensitive to team needs and priorities
- Knowledge of modern web technologies and techniques
- Understanding of system design, data structures and algorithms and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions.
Nice to have
- Familiarity with Python, Django, GraphQL, Kubernetes + Docker, Terraform + Puppet, Nginx, GlusterFS, Elasticsearch, Redis, Memcached, RabbitMQ, Github + CI systems
- StyledComponents, Relay, GraphQL, Continuous Deployment
We offer a culture of personal development and growth. You will have the pleasure of working with a small team that punches above its weight, giving you the opportunity to explore creative ideas and expand on your role. We have a flat structure with democratic decision making and we're quite open to suggestions from within. We’re serious about encouraging our employees to develop their careers through goal setting, training and mentorship. Mixcloud also covers the cost of books you want to read.
We’re a culturally active bunch, with many of us pursuing our passions as DJs, producers, radio hosts, promoters or creatives. We host DJ lessons in the office, cater weekly lunches and host social team mixers. We offer a great benefits package that includes unlimited holiday, stock options, flexible working, a healthcare plan and a kitchen packed with healthy snacks. Wellness at work matters to us, and our team also organises meditation sessions, yoga and a running club.
This is a London based position.
Mixcloud is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.