Head of Ad Operations & Strategy
Know your DFP from a DMP, DSP from an SSP? We are looking for a new Ad Operations wizz to come in and sort out our ad stack, optimise our yield, oversee our paid media strategy and execution for boosting branded content, and ultimately drive revenue growth.
There’s a huge opportunity and a lot of work to do, so if you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and make a massive impact at a streaming service with a large, super engaged and growing global audience, this is the opportunity for you.
Mixcloud is a critical part of the global music & cultural landscape, with a foundation of 1M+ creators including DJs, tastemakers and radio stations who rely on us to connect them with fans and listeners, worldwide.
Mixcloud also helps connect brands to music and culture, helping them partner with our community of talent and reach our audience of listeners. We have a new arm to the business called LOUD, which is our culture studio for brand partnerships. We help brands like Dr. Martens, W Hotels and Jägermeister empathise, engage and activate within culture.
Whilst we have a great foundation in place, this is the beginning of the next phase of our story. We are looking for the smartest and hungriest people to join our small team and help us realise these visions. This is going to be a tough, but exciting challenge.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Procure and implement Mixcloud’s ad tech and ad ops platforms and partners, helping the business make the best decisions on who to work with
- Work closely between the product team and commercial team to balance revenue and user impact
- Continually test and evaluate new strategies, tactics, and partnerships in an effort to evolve and improve our product offering
- Be responsible for our programmatic revenue and 3rd party media buying strategy
- Oversee all digital advertising and media sales delivery
- Drive up our ad revenue yield, identifying and executing on optimization opportunities
- Work closely with the Brand Partnerships team to ensure effective delivery of paid media, both on and off our platform
- Manage and execute all aspects of Mixcloud’s branded media buys, including trafficking, optimization, reporting and analysis, across multiple social platforms, ad servers, and ad buying platforms
- Ensure all contractual impression and engagement goals are delivered-in-full
- Champion innovative approaches and flawless campaign deployment (i.e. specs, tagging, trafficking, etc.)
- Manage KPI reporting both internally and externally; and develop a point of view on benchmarking & other KPI optimization
- Ensure our ad tech and ad ops stack remains GDPR compliant
WHO ARE YOU?
- 5+ years in a relevant role in ad operations, ad tech, media buying, paid social, preferably at a publisher
- Proficient in the use of key digital advertising platforms (e.g. DFP, AdX, Facebook, DBM) and confident in picking up the ones you’re not already familiar with
- Excel wizz!
- Ability to manage & analyze large sets of data; a passion for ongoing optimization and learning
- Experience in sell-side advertising is a must; experience in buy-side is a nice-to-have
- Experience setting up and effectively using tracking pixels and other measurement tools
- Passion for the digital landscape and a keen interest in evolving media business models
We are looking for someone with a keen eye for detail who will build and fix in the short term, yet is capable of thinking strategically and leading on defining the next generation of Mixcloud’s ad offering (e.g. formats and products) in the medium-to-long-term.
You will have the potential to work closely with the Commercial Director to shape the strategy for this business line, own the P&L, lead on KPIs and build the team.
We are a rapidly expanding music-tech business. We offer a culture of personal development and role growth. You will have the pleasure of working with a lean but growing team that punches above its weight, offering you the opportunity to explore ideas and expand on your role.
You will sit within the Commercial Team, reporting to the Commercial Director. Salary and equity offer is competitive and based on experience.
In addition to base salary, Mixcloud offers myriad benefits such as generous stock options, unlimited holiday policy, a flexible working culture, a great office environment and strong opportunities for personal development.