We are looking for our first Financial Controller. You will have responsibility for building and running a finance function within a global music-streaming business, as well as leading the effective operation and delivery of day-to-day financial controls and processes. You will operate at the heart of a rapidly-growing company with plenty of opportunities to learn and contribute beyond your core role.
Mixcloud is a critical part of the global music and cultural landscape, with a foundation of 1M+ creators including artists, DJs and media brands who rely on us to connect them with fans and listeners, worldwide.
Mixcloud also helps connect brands to music and culture, helping them partner with our community of talent and reach our audience of listeners. We have a new arm to the business called LOUD, which is our culture studio for brand partnerships. We help brands like Dr. Martens, W Hotels and Jägermeister empathise, engage and activate within culture.
Whilst we have a great foundation in place, this is the beginning of the next phase of our story. We are looking for the smartest and hungriest people to join our small team and help us realise these visions. This is going to be a hard, but exciting challenge.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Develop and mature our finance function, working with internal stakeholders and our external accountancy firm.
- Oversee day to day financial operations, which include AR, AP, expenses, book-keeping, reconciliation, invoicing, payroll, employee benefits and the pension scheme.
- Define and produce monthly management finance reports; provide analysis and be a partner to the executive team to make informed business decisions.
- Define, refine and oversee operational finance processes (e.g. payment approvals, project budgeting, financial reporting).
- Assist with the planning and updating of our operating financial model and oversee cashflow management.
- Manage financial relationships with our clients and suppliers.
- Oversee and audit the Brand Partnerships team expenditure.
- Oversee the annual company audit by an external accountancy firm.
- Develop the organisation's financial policies and ensure they are adequate and followed by staff.
- Support the executive team with investor relations.
- Manage tax matters and planning (with the counsel of our external accountancy firm).
WHO ARE YOU?
- You have at least 5 years work experience in an accounting or finance role, ideally with public accountancy and in-house experience.
- You are an Excel wizard and have strong financial-modelling skills.
- No ego, you’re willing to roll up your sleeves and get done whatever needs to get done.
- You are an excellent communicator (email, phone and in-person).
- You are entrepreneurial and will work autonomously in a fast-paced environment.
- You are technologically savvy and want to learn and use new tools.
- You are excited to build a finance function that's new and better than anywhere else.
- You are hyper-organised with excellent attention to detail.
- You will take joy in championing the importance and role of finance within the wider team (acting as a financial mentor to the team)
FURTHER DESIRED QUALITIES INCLUDE:
- Experience working with Xero.
- Experience working across international jurisdictions.
- Experience working in a start-up, SME or entrepreneurial environment.
- An appreciation of music and culture.
We are a rapidly expanding music-tech business. We offer a culture of personal development and role growth. You will have the pleasure of working with a lean but growing team that punches above its weight, offering you the opportunity to explore ideas and expand on your role.
You will sit within the Operations team, reporting to one of the Founders. Salary and equity offer is competitive and based on experience.
In addition to base salary, Mixcloud offers myriad benefits such as generous stock options, unlimited holiday policy, a flexible working culture, a great office environment and strong opportunities for personal development.