US Content & Community Partnerships
We are looking for a hyper connected, culturally aware, business savvy person to help grow Mixcloud in the USA.
Your mission is to continue growing and developing our community to make Mixcloud the best place online to discover new audio through the world’s leading tastemakers and creators. You will serve as an evangelist for Mixcloud in the USA, increasing our awareness, buzz and ultimately the growth of the platform Stateside.
We are open minded on location within the USA, but we imagine you will be in one of the major music and culture capitals of the country (LA or NYC most likely).
Mixcloud is a critical part of the global music & cultural landscape, with a foundation of 1M+ creators including DJs, tastemakers and radio stations who rely on us to connect them with fans and listeners, worldwide.
Mixcloud also helps connect brands to music and culture, helping them partner with our community of talent and reach our audience of listeners. LOUD - our culture studio for brand partnerships - helps brands connect in culture. Our recent work includes: artist/event programming for Dr. Martens, a global artist platform for W Hotels (Future Rising), cultural strategy for adidas and more.
Whilst we have a great foundation in place, this is the beginning of the next phase of our story. We are looking for the smartest and hungriest people to join our small team and help us realise these visions. This is going to be a tough, but exciting challenge.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Identify and help with execution on opportunities to increase Mixcloud’s brand awareness, cultural relevance, audience reach and creator penetration within the US market
- Build and help execute strategies to attract high profile, exclusive content to the platform
- Work with the Community team to ensure new partners adopt best practice, are effectively onboarded and retained
- Ideate and help roll out effective strategies for creator and partner acquisition
- Build relationships with key influencers to talk about Mixcloud and share our content
- Drive increased reach and awareness via creative partnerships (e.g. media partnerships, festival partnerships, DJ contests, editorial partnerships, community meetups etc)
- Act as a key point of contact for our US community and partners
- Be Mixcloud’s eyes and ears in the US and help shift our focus towards the US market -- from creators to special projects to comms
WHO ARE YOU?
- 7+ years working in the media, music or entertainment sector in a similar content or partnerships role
- Clued up about new music across a variety of styles, sounds and scenes and well connected in the industry
- Willing to travel extensively for work
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive, friendly and likeable - a great team player
- Organised, independent and a quick learner
- Persuasive and persistent - can sell sand to the arabs and ice to the eskimos
We are a rapidly expanding music-tech business. We offer a culture of personal development and role growth. You will have the pleasure of working with a lean but growing team that punches above its weight, offering you the opportunity to explore ideas and expand on your role.
You will sit within the Operations team, reporting to one of the Founders. Salary and equity offer is competitive and based on experience.
In addition to base salary, Mixcloud offers myriad benefits such as generous stock options, unlimited holiday policy, a flexible working culture, a great office environment and strong opportunities for personal development.