Brand Partnerships Senior Sales Manager
We are looking for a Brand Partnerships expert to help grow this area of the business. The focus of this role is to develop new business for Mixcloud from leading brands. You will be responsible for developing leads and relationships, receiving briefs/RFPs and leading pitches and proposals.
Mixcloud has built the world’s leading platform to connect listeners to radio shows, DJ sets and Podcasts. Inspire your ears and discover audio programmes from a community of over a million DJs and radio presenters - from superstars down to bedroom heroes who have built a strong following on Mixcloud.
Mixcloud also helps connect brands to music and culture. We work with brands in technologically and culturally innovative ways, helping them partner with our community of talent and reach our audience of listeners. From pioneering audio branded content and native advertising campaigns through to fully integrated projects involving creative strategy, cultural positioning, digital content, events, talent partnerships and more.
We are also launching a new arm to the business called Loud, which is our insight, strategy and creative arm for brand partnerships. Through Loud we are building deep, strategic relationships with brands, helping them empathise, engage and activate in culture.
Some of our recent work: artist/event programming and a radio content hub for Dr Martens, a global new and next artist platform for W Hotels called Future Rising, a large scale pan European DJ contest for Mazda, cultural insight and strategy workshops for adidas and much more.
WHO ARE YOU?
- 5+ years sales experience minimum, with experience selling directly to brands’ marketing teams.
- This is 90% a sales role; you must be a hyper-organised sales machine.
- This is a creative sales role, NOT a media sales role. You will be selling dreams, not media plans.
- Culturally connected, intelligent and articulate; you have a solid understanding of the music and cultural landscape we occupy and can pitch with authority and authenticity.
- Copywriting and Keynote skills mandatory.
- You are a strategic and quick thinker that can help us innovate in pitch and execution.
- You are ambitious and persistent and will drive deals to close.
- You are a strong communicator and relationship builder.
- This is a London-based position and may require some global travel.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- You will open doors into relevant brands.
- You will develop a strong understanding of your prospects’ businesses, needs, expectations, and requirements.
- You will build credibility and trust with your prospects – receiving briefs or working with them to identify challenges and construct briefs.
- You will learn what brands want and help to tailor our products and solutions appropriately.
- You will lead on proposal development and pitch delivery.
- You will drive deals forward to close.
- You will continue to develop the client relationship post-sell.
We are a rapidly expanding music tech business. We offer a culture of personal development and role growth. You will have the pleasure of working with a small team that punches considerably above its weight, as well as with senior clients at brands, media agencies and creative agencies.
This is a London-based position and may require some global travel. You will sit within the Brand Partnerships team, reporting to the Commercial Director. Salary and equity offer is competitive and based on experience.
In addition to base salary, Mixcloud offers myriad benefits such as generous stock options, unlimited holiday policy, a flexible working culture, a great office environment and strong opportunities for personal development.