Senior Ad Operations Executive
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a data-focused individual to join our fantastic Brand Partnerships team in London. In this challenging and multi-faceted role you will traffic all campaigns across 1st and 3rd party ad serving technologies across our various media channels including programmatic, direct, social, video, audio and mobile. You will assist in reporting back key metrics, insights and recommendations to inform business decisions and product development, ultimately helping drive revenue growth.
You will work closely with the Director of Programmatic Advertising and the wider team to implement strategy through the thoughtful use of data, drive understanding and evolution of KPIs and gain exposure to a diverse range of emerging areas in digital advertising.
Mixcloud is building the global community for audio culture. We're on a mission to enable 100,000 audio creators to take control and meaningfully monetise their communities of fans. To forge the recognition, revenue and relationships that allow us to make more, together. Standing up for imagination and independence, diversity and difference. Championing real connection, the human kind. Listeners can access a unique collection of over 15 million radio shows, DJ mixes and podcasts produced and uploaded by over 1.3 million passionate tastemakers and curators around the globe.
Mixcloud also helps connect brands to music and culture under our brand partnerships arm, LOUD. We create cutting-edge cultural solutions for brands such as adidas, W Hotels, Sonos, Dr. Martens, Eventbrite, and more.
Whilst we have a great foundation in place, this is the beginning of the next phase of our journey. We are looking for smart and hungry people to join our incredible team and help us realise our vision.
WHO ARE YOU?
- 2-5 years experience in ad operations role at an online publisher (essential)
- Proficient in the use of key digital advertising platforms (Google Ad Manager - essential) (SSPs, Facebook, etc. - Preferred) and confident in picking up the ones you’re not already familiar with
- Very familiar with Excel/Google Sheets
- Ability to manage & analyse large sets of data; a passion for ongoing optimisation and learning
- Ability to present analytical projects to a non-analytical audience
- Knowledge of marketing and media industry metrics and systems a plus
- Some exposure to tracking pixels and other measurement tools would be advantageous
- Hungry to identify and pursue opportunities for positive change
- Passion for the digital landscape and a keen interest in evolving media business models
- Further analytics skills would be beneficial (SQL, Google BigQuery, Data Studio, etc.), but willingness to learn would be key
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Reporting & Analysis:
- Traffic all campaigns across 1st and 3rd party ad serving technologies
- Develop and deliver client campaign reporting
- Collating and managing an increasing scale of advertising and brand partnerships data across a range of platforms and metrics
- Build and maintain reports and dashboards to answer key business questions: KPIs, revenue drivers, opportunities for optimisation
- Efficiently respond to requests for and deliver easy to interpret ad-hoc reporting
- Compose and maintain comprehensive documentation on advertising reporting processes
- Collaborate with the Director of Programmatic Advertising to evaluate new partners, products and other advertising opportunities in an effort to evolve and improve our product offering
- Help evaluate the balance between advertising revenue and user metrics to ensure sustainable development of the advertising products
- Work with the team to review audience profiling data to identify valuable segmentation and targeting opportunities
- Optimisation, reporting and analysis of Mixcloud’s branded media buying, across multiple social platforms, ad servers, and ad buying platforms
- Develop a working knowledge of key advertising platforms to provide broader operational support for the team
We are a rapidly expanding music-tech business. We offer a culture of personal development and role growth. You will have the pleasure of working with a lean but growing team that punches above its weight, offering you the opportunity to explore ideas and expand on your role.
You will sit within the Brand Partnerships team, reporting to our Head of Advertising. Salary and equity offer is competitive and based on experience.
In addition to base salary, Mixcloud offers myriad benefits such as generous stock options, unlimited holiday policy, a flexible working culture, a great office environment and strong opportunities for personal development.