Mid-Senior Graphic Designer
Mixcloud is a critical part of the global music & cultural landscape, with a foundation of 1M+ Creators, including DJs, tastemakers and radio stations, who rely on us to connect with their fans and listeners worldwide. Mixcloud also helps connect brands to music and culture, helping them partner with our community of talent and reach our audience of listeners.
We believe that listening makes the world a better place, and we are on a mission to empower Audio Creators so they can inspire and entertain their listeners.
Whilst we have a great foundation in place, this is the beginning of the next phase of our journey. We are looking for smart and hungry people to join our incredible team and help us realise our vision. This is going to be a tough, but exciting opportunity.
We’re looking for a Mid-Senior Graphic Designer to join our fantastic team in London. In this challenging and multi-faceted role as the guardian of the Mixcloud visual brand in an exciting evolution phase. You will deliver high-quality multi-media content, creative ideas and design solutions across Mixcloud’s brand, owned channels and key partnerships. No two days will be the same in this diverse role.
Creativity is key to what we do at Mixcloud and we are looking for someone to join the team who can combine strong ideation with top notch execution as well as great communication skills.
You will be part of our Community team, reporting to the Head of Comms and working closely with other creatives in the company. You will also work with stakeholders in the Product/UX Design team and with our brand partnerships team. You will be involved in work from our growing in-house cultural marketing agency LOUD, working with clients such as Adidas, Doc Martens, W Hotels, Eventbrite and more.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Lead the Mixcloud visual language with awareness of design trends and attitudes
- Maintain a high standard of design and brand consistency across all visual touchpoints
- Create engaging branded assets for our owned (website and mobile apps) platforms and social media channels
- Manage multiple creative briefs for multiple internal stakeholders and brief owners
- Be involved in creative pitches, delivering both conceptual and executional solutions
- Independently create and edit high-quality photographic, illustrative, and/or typographic assets
- Design decks for partnership pitches
- Help source photography - from stock images to original photography
- Show a strong awareness of design processes to question design briefs and solve design problems
WHO ARE YOU?
- Mid-senior designer with 5+ years experience
- High quality portfolio that illustrates strong ideation, layout, typographic and visualizing skills
- You’ve taken ownership of one or two brands and have the ability to cultivate a visual language across various outputs
- Industry experience of producing multi-media content for social media and other digital channels and platforms, including motion graphics, editorial design, display advertising and marketing communications
- Demonstrable ability to produce outstanding creative ideas in response to briefs
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to work in collaboration with your team and stakeholders
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to see creative projects through to completion from brief to production
- A track record of crafting powerful communications across all channels
- Ability to work within quick turnarounds and tight deadlines
- A strong understanding of design thinking and user focused design principles is a bonus
We are a rapidly expanding music-tech business. We offer a culture of personal development and role growth. You will have the pleasure of working with a lean but growing team that punches above its weight, offering you the opportunity to explore ideas and expand on your role.
Salary and equity offer is competitive and based on experience.
In addition to base salary, Mixcloud offers myriad benefits such as generous stock options, unlimited holiday policy, a flexible working culture, a great office environment and strong opportunities for personal development.