Senior UX Designer
Do you love leading designers and solving complex, large scale UX challenges? Can you define and build a cohesive, beautiful user experience that accounts for complex datasets, multiple user personas, and customer insights? Do you have a passion for team building, mentorship, and creativity? If so, you may be a great fit for the Senior UX Designer role at Mixcloud.
Mixcloud is a critical part of the global music & cultural landscape, with a foundation of 1M+ creators including DJs, tastemakers and radio stations who rely on us to connect them with fans and listeners, worldwide. Mixcloud also helps connect brands to music and culture, helping them partner with our community of talent and reach our audience of listeners.
Whilst we have a great foundation in place, this is the beginning of the next phase of our story. We are looking for the smartest and hungriest people to join our small team and help us realise this vision. This is going to be a hard, but exciting challenge.
What will you do?
In this role you will be responsible for making Mixcloud a joy to use, across both mobile and web platforms. The role does not involve direct management of other designers. However you will be expected to (alongside the Product Manager) bring some best practices to the table and help implement them. This includes ideation, validating journeys with users, designing user flows, research for new features, and the handover from design to engineering.
- Assist the Product Manager with the implementation and ongoing refinement to the design workflow
- Write design project specifications and briefs
- Architect user flows for cross-device platform features across the whole of Mixcloud
- Develop user experience design concepts, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, usage scenarios, task analysis, specifications, and other UX design deliverables
- Develop expert-level knowledge of competitive and complementary products and bring new ideas to the team
- Work with the Product Manager to manage and prioritise a backlog of platform UX Debt
- Take the lead on user surveys and research to better understand how to improve Mixcloud's UX
- Be self-governing. You’ll take full ownership of your work, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way
Who are you?
The ideal candidate will have successfully worked hands on with a habit forming, multi-platform digital product that has a large user base, and fostered a spirit of learning and teamwork amongst their peers. Mixcloud is planning to focus heavily on mobile, so experience working with mobile app products is a must.
Bonus points for:
- Experience working UX at a media streaming product company
- Experience working on a UGC platform
- Experience working hands on with web technologies
- First hand experience as a Creator / Listener on Mixcloud and/or relevant competitor platforms
We are a rapidly expanding music tech business. We offer a culture of personal development and role growth. You will have the pleasure of working with a small team that punches above its weight, giving you the opportunity to explore creative ideas and expand on your role.
This is a London-based position. You will sit within the Product team, reporting to the Head of Product,
In addition to base salary, Mixcloud offers myriad benefits such as generous stock options, unlimited holiday policy, a flexible working culture, a great office environment and strong opportunities for personal development.