Mixcloud is an audio streaming platform connecting a global community of listeners and creators through audio culture. Listeners can access a unique collection of over 15 million radio shows, DJ mixes and podcasts produced and uploaded by over 1.3 million passionate tastemakers and curators around the globe. Our mission is to build a fair and sustainable eco-system for audio culture.
Mixcloud also helps connect brands to culture through our cultural strategy consultancy, LOUD. We create cutting-edge cultural solutions for brands such as adidas, W Hotels, Sonos, Dr. Martens, Shure, and more. Whilst we have a great foundation in place, this is the beginning of the next phase of our journey. We are looking for smart and hungry people to join our incredible team and help us realise our vision.
We are looking for a Junior Strategist with a deep understanding and love for culture to join LOUD. Working within our London office, you’ll play an integral role in the development of cultural understanding and building strategy for our clients.
You will sit within LOUD’s Strategy team, building solid relationships with clients you are delivering for, and supporting the team on proposal-writing, idea generation and output. This is initially a 6 month full-time contract. Thereafter a permanent position within LOUD could become available.
What You’ll Do:
- You will perform research into key topic areas and interpret gathered information into clear, provocative insight
- You will gather creative material that ensures briefing sessions are inspirational and productive
- You will support the development of strategic thinking for our clients on an ongoing and project basis
- You will support the team in proposal writing, idea generation and the production of creative outputs
- You will help manage consumer research processes, including casting and facilitating of sessions
- You will develop workable budgets, project plans and realistic timelines
- You will create and maintain relationships with existing and potential clients
- You will gain a strong understanding of our clients’ business, needs, expectations and requirements
- You will ensure every project has defined KPIs and coordinate ongoing optimisation and productivity
- You will help to find opportunities to generate additional revenue with current and potential clients
Who You Are
- You have 1-3 years of relevant experience at an agency, brand or consultancy
- You are a self-starter and excel at taking on new tasks & challenges
- You are a confident communicator with excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- You like thinking differently, making new rules, and surprising with solutions
- You care deeply about people, culture and the world around you
- You are perceptive and analytical with a strong creative eye
- You are competent and comfortable identifying robust evidence to support proposals
- You can manage both upwards and your own time with ease
- You are happy to get stuck in with creative and production when necessary
- You are highly knowledgeable about culture and current trends
- You are an amazing project manager with meticulous attention to detail, delivering work that is of a high standard, on time and in budget
- You have brilliant multi-tasking abilities and are able to prioritise workload
- You have design and Keynote proficiency (or a willingness to learn)
- You have loads of passions and interests, and probably a side hustle or two
We are a rapidly expanding music tech business. We offer a culture of personal development and role growth. You will have the pleasure of working within a small team that punches considerably above its weight.
This is a London-based position. You will sit in LOUD, within the Brand Partnerships team, reporting to one of our Strategists. Salary offered is competitive and based on experience and competency.
Mixcloud offers a flexible working culture, a great office environment and strong opportunities for personal development.
Mixcloud is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.