Brand Partnerships - Lead Creative Strategist
We are looking for a Lead Creative Strategist who will play a key role in the growth of our business, both from new business pitches and the development of key client relationships.
This is a UK based role working primarily with UK and European-based clients. You will work very closely with our senior team to develop, pitch and deliver solutions for our clients.
Mixcloud is a critical part of the global music & cultural landscape, with a foundation of 1M+ creators including DJs, tastemakers and radio stations who rely on us to connect them with fans and listeners, worldwide.
Mixcloud also helps connect brands to music and culture, helping them partner with our community of talent and reach our audience of listeners. We have a new arm to the business called LOUD, which is our culture studio for brand partnerships. We help brands like Dr. Martens, W Hotels and Jägermeister empathise, engage and activate within culture.
Whilst we have a great foundation in place, this is the beginning of the next phase of our story. We are looking for the smartest and hungriest people to join our small team and help us realise these visions. This is going to be a hard, but exciting challenge.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- You will work closely with LOUD's Founding Partners (Strategy and Creative).
- You will bring considerable leadership and expertise to a young and growing team, helping us get to the next level.
- You will develop culturally valuable strategy and creative for our clients.
- You will help to deliver projects globally, realising our strategic and creative vision.
- You will develop and lead our cultural insights and strategy services.
- You will work directly with our clients, owning and developing relationships where valuable.
- You will work with the senior team on products, positioning, IP and processes -- bringing your experience of the wider marketplace to help ensure we continue to stand out.
- You will manage and mentor your colleagues where valuable.
- You will strive to make the company and the work the best in the market.
- You will help to build things that are new, different and better.
WHO ARE YOU?
- You understand and contribute to culture. You probably have a side-hustle or two.
- You're fascinated by how culture and the world evolves.
- You are an excellent strategic thinker and can hold a room full of senior clients.
- You want to get your hands dirty to ensure that projects are delivered successfully.
- You likely have 7+ years of relevant experience, (e.g. agency, media owner, tech platform, consultancy etc.)
- You have a proven track record of pitching and winning new business.
- You have a comprehensive understanding of what ‘good’ looks like, from strategy to creative to pitch to execution.
- You are comfortable working with clients directly, leading both the pitch and project execution.
- It's likely that the whiteboard is one of your favourite things in the office.
- You are ambitious, persistent and organised.
- You are a strong communicator and relationship builder (up, down and sideways).
- You're familiar with using third-party research to support your ideas, or (even better) conducting your own research.
- You are happy to work in an East-London office and travel globally when required.
We are a rapidly expanding music-tech business. We offer a culture of personal development and role growth. You will have the pleasure of working with a small team that punches considerably above its weight, as well as with senior clients at brands, media agencies and creative agencies.
You will sit within the Commercial team, reporting to LOUD's Founding Partners. Salary and equity offer is competitive and based on experience.
In addition to base salary, Mixcloud offers myriad benefits such as generous stock options, unlimited holiday policy, a flexible working culture, a great office environment and strong opportunities for personal development.