Music & Culture Programmer / Producer
We are looking for a brilliant Music & Culture Programmer / Producer to work on projects with our brand partners, from concept through execution. You will sit within the Brand Partnerships team, reporting to the Head of Brand Partnerships and the Commercial Director.
Mixcloud has built the world’s leading platform to connect listeners to radio shows, DJ sets and Podcasts. Inspire your ears and discover audio programmes from a community of over a million DJs and radio presenters - from superstars down to bedroom heroes who have built a strong following on Mixcloud.
Mixcloud also helps connect brands to music and culture. We work with brands in technologically and culturally innovative ways, helping them partner with our community of talent and reach our audience of listeners. From pioneering audio branded content and native advertising campaigns through to fully integrated projects involving creative strategy, cultural positioning, digital content, events, talent partnerships and more.
We are also launching a new arm to the business called Loud, which is our insight, strategy and creative arm for brand partnerships. Through Loud we are building deep, strategic relationships with brands, helping them empathise, engage and activate in culture.
Some of our recent work: artist/event programming and a radio content hub for Dr Martens, a global new and next artist platform for W Hotels called Future Rising, a large scale pan European DJ contest for Mazda, cultural insight and strategy workshops for adidas and much more.
WHAT WILL YOU DO:
- You will program artists and talent for a wide range of partnerships (from gigs, parties and music showcases to bespoke artist collaborations to digital content projects) that we produce in partnership with our clients.
- You will develop a strong understanding of your clients’ cultural positioning and target audiences, producing relevant and cut-through partnerships and projects.
- You will design interesting and innovative cultural ideas to address briefs and client needs.
- You will assist in producing and project managing the delivery of these events, with support from the wider team.
- You will collaborate with a wide range of partners, constructing mutually beneficial ways to work together.
- You will research talent and partner options for projects and input into proposals and reports for clients.
- You will oversee budgets like a hawk.
- You will deliver work that you are proud of.
WHO ARE YOU:
- You have 3+ years of relevant industry experience as a promoter, booker, talent buyer, event programmer etc.
- You have experience working with artists – from big to small.
- You have experience negotiating complex talent partnerships.
- You have meaningful experience producing events: you are organised and you have an amazing eye for detail.
- You have a diverse and open minded ear. You can go wide; you can go deep.
- You are comfortable booking across a wide spectrum of genres – guitar bands, DJs, producers, MCs and more.
- You have lots of fingers on lots of pulses.
- You have an uncanny ability to uncover the sound of tomorrow. Everyone else in the office will look to you for what’s next.
- You are enviably efficient; you will be able to work across a number of projects in parallel and still deliver at the top of your game.
- You love creating vibes.
- Your results speak for themselves.
We are a rapidly expanding music tech business. We offer a culture of personal development and role growth. You will have the pleasure of working with a small team that punches considerably above its weight, as well as directly with senior clients and the trailblazers in our community shaping the global creative and music industries of tomorrow.
This is a London-based position and may require some global travel. Salary and equity offer is competitive and based on experience.
In addition to base salary, Mixcloud offers myriad benefits such as generous stock options, unlimited holiday policy, a flexible working culture, a great office environment and strong opportunities for personal development.