Brand Partnerships - Business Director
We are looking for a Business Director who will be responsible for driving revenue growth for Mixcloud and LOUD both from new business and the development of key accounts.
This is a UK based role selling primarily to UK and European clients (and agencies). You will be selling across all verticals (our clients are primarily in alcohol, FMCG, fashion, apparel and music/technology) and you will be responsible for leading the development and execution of integrated, consultancy and media solutions for these clients against annual revenue and profitability targets.
You will be responsible for building strong relationships with relevant clients (and agencies) to unlock and extract briefs and convert to revenue for Mixcloud and LOUD. In the first year a core focus of the role will also be to increase awareness and visibility of the LOUD offering within the industry.
Mixcloud is a critical part of the global music & cultural landscape, with a foundation of 1M+ creators including DJs, tastemakers and radio stations who rely on us to connect them with fans and listeners, worldwide. We are building a new, disruptive model that empowers any creator to launch their own subscription channel to directly monetize their fans, even beyond the world of music.
Mixcloud also helps connect brands to music and culture, helping them partner with our community of talent and reach our audience of listeners. We are launching a new arm to the business called LOUD, which is our culture studio for brand partnerships. Through LOUD we are building deep, strategic relationships with brands, helping them empathise, engage and activate in culture. Some of our recent work includes: artist/event programming and a radio channel for Dr. Martens, a global new and next artist platform for W Hotels called Future Rising, a large scale pan European DJ contest for Mazda, cultural strategy for adidas and much more.
Whilst we have a great foundation in place, this is the beginning of our story. We are looking for the smartest and hungriest people to join our small team and help us realise these visions. This is going to be a hard, but exciting challenge.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- You will open doors to relevant brands and agencies
- You will develop a strong understanding of your prospects’ businesses, needs, expectations, and requirements.
- You will deliver best in class work in response to briefs and RFPs we receive as well as for proactive proposals we send, demonstrating world class strategic thinking and cultural insight
- You will drive deals forward to close
- You will bring considerable experience and expertise to a young and growing team, helping implement new processes and improve ways of working
- You will work with the senior team to ensure consistency in product, pricing and execution across products and services we offer
- You will work with the senior team on products, positioning, IP and processes - bringing your experience of the wider marketplace to help ensure we continue to stand out
- You will deliver regular reports against financial targets, pipeline leads and forecasts to the Commercial Director
- You will take a proactive role in client servicing of your key accounts to ensure execution meets expectation
WHO ARE YOU?
- You likely have 7+ years of new biz/sales experience in a relevant environment such as an agency, media owner, tech platform, consultancy etc
- You have a strong network at VP level at multi-national brands
- You’re culturally insightful, empathetic and observant; you have a solid understanding of the music and cultural landscape we occupy and can pitch with authority and authenticity.
- You have an intrinsic understanding of what ‘good’ looks like, from the development of a strategy through to the final pitch deck all the way through to the final solution
- You are an excellent strategic thinker and can wow the most senior marketeers in the room
- We believe that the best new biz people have execution experience. You have experience delivering culture led marketing activations for brands, so you can walk the walk, not just talk the talk
- You are organized and will be able to effectively manage a new business pipeline
- You are ambitious and persistent and will drive deals to close
- You are a strong communicator and relationship builder
- This is a London-based position and may require some global travel
We are a rapidly expanding music tech business. We offer a culture of personal development and role growth. You will have the pleasure of working with a small team that punches considerably above its weight, as well as with senior clients at brands, media agencies and creative agencies.
This is a London-based position and may require some global travel. You will sit within the Commercial team, reporting to the Commercial Director. Salary and equity offer is competitive and based on experience.
In addition to base salary, Mixcloud offers myriad benefits such as generous stock options, unlimited holiday policy, a flexible working culture, a great office environment and strong opportunities for personal development.